Aug 21, 2013, 4:15 PM EST
In coming up with the paint job for his new goaltender mask, Steve Mason wanted to combine his love of horror movies with some Philadelphia flavor. This is how we are getting the Zombie Declaration of Independence signing.
There isn’t a finished product to showcase just yet, but NHL.com brings us a cool video interview with Franny Drummond, the designer behind Mason’s new mask. Drummond gives us a peek into what it could look like upon completion with some mock-ups, including a sketch of a very scary Zombie Ben Franklin.
Here’s the scoop:
One side of the mask will feature a zombie form of Ross, the famed Revolutionary War-era seamstress, sewing an American flag while backlit by a lone candle and what Drummond called “an eerie fireplace” that leaves her with an orange glow.
The other side will have zombie versions of Washington and Franklin, along with other zombies around the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Across the top will be a Flyers logo tweaked to go with the zombie motif.
Drummond gives NHL.com tons more detail, so if you fancy yourself a connoisseur of goalie masks, you’ll want to read what Mason has in store for us this season. You can also check out the vid below to see some of the artwork.
Always love a good Philly-themed mask, and this one is certainly unique. Mason definitely already gets an ‘A’ for creativity.
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages