Nov 19, 2012, 9:58 PM EST
Scott Hartnell wanted to hold an exhibition game for
charity, and an All-Star game broke out. In addition to the 11 current or
former Flyers participating in Operation Hat Trick, a grand total of 12 NHL All
Stars will skate to raise money for Hurricane Sandy relief.
Hartnell will be joined on Team Philly by four current teammates,
including Kimmo Timonen and Wayne Simmonds, in addition to five more who wore
the Orange and Black at a given time, a group headlined by reigning Stanley Cup
winners Simon Gagne and Justin Williams. A trio of New Jersey Devils bolsters
the Philly squad’s defenses, most notably legendary netminder Marty Brodeur.
As if that weren’t enough, two-time NHL goal scoring
champion Steven Stamkos anchors Philly’s top line. We’re not entirely sure how a
member of the Tampa Bay Lightning and an Ontario native got involved, but we’re
certainly not complaining.
Team New York has six All Stars of their own. Rangers Brad
Richards, Dan Giaradi, Marc Staal, and Henrik Lundqvist will skate alongside Anaheim’s
Corey Perry, a teammate of Cherry Hill, NJ native and OHT participant Bobby Ryan, and
Pittsburgh’s James Neal. Currently playing for Buffalo, former Flyer Vill Leino will also represent Team New York.
Full rosters and lines can be found below, courtesy
of Tim Panaccio. Unfortunately there are not many tickets remaining for the
event on Saturday, but are still available for purchase, especially if you don’t
mind grabbing single seats. Sounds like a truly unique hockey game with the
proceeds going to support a great cause.
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
|BenE. on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Matt S. on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages