Aug 18, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Tomorrow is Monday, so naturally you don’t have anything to do. It’s not like you’ve got to go to work, or find a job in the first place, or watch The Price Is Right with Drew Carey. All that business is whack. You’re better off watching paint dry than watching Drew Carey.
Lucky for you, watching paint dry is actually an option – and it’s for a good cause, too. Alright, so maybe it’s just a cause, no modifier.
As an observant, employed individual/day-time TV watcher like yourself probably gleaned from the headline, the Flyers want you to watch paint dry so the franchise can finally carve out its place in the Guinness Book of World Records. Lord Stanley knows they’re not getting in there for most championships. Here are the details from the team’s Facebook page (via Deadspin):
Help us set a new Guinness Book of World Records for the most people to simultaneously watch paint dry when we paint the lines and logos into the ice at Wells Fargo Center this Monday at 11 a.m.!
Be a part of the preparations for the 2013-14 season and bring your cameras! Fans are welcome to enter from the Fan Zone store on the 11th street side of the Wells Fargo Center.
Gee, I’d really like to be there, but… let’s see, where’s my excuse rolodex? Ah, here it is. Working? Way too easy to get out of, almost laughable in fact. Fake doctor appointment? Then I’ll have to stay inside all day and watch Drew Carey.
Oh, here’s a good one. I’d love to help the Flyers set a world record, but being asked to literally watch paint dry borders on insulting. Yeah, I think that one will do.
I guess if you’re an art student or something, watching them paint the ice might be neat or even educational. I on the other hand have got bosses to duck and Price Is Right to watch.
I hear Charlie Manuel has some time though…
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return