Aug 18, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Tomorrow is Monday, so naturally you don’t have anything to do. It’s not like you’ve got to go to work, or find a job in the first place, or watch The Price Is Right with Drew Carey. All that business is whack. You’re better off watching paint dry than watching Drew Carey.
Lucky for you, watching paint dry is actually an option – and it’s for a good cause, too. Alright, so maybe it’s just a cause, no modifier.
As an observant, employed individual/day-time TV watcher like yourself probably gleaned from the headline, the Flyers want you to watch paint dry so the franchise can finally carve out its place in the Guinness Book of World Records. Lord Stanley knows they’re not getting in there for most championships. Here are the details from the team’s Facebook page (via Deadspin):
Help us set a new Guinness Book of World Records for the most people to simultaneously watch paint dry when we paint the lines and logos into the ice at Wells Fargo Center this Monday at 11 a.m.!
Be a part of the preparations for the 2013-14 season and bring your cameras! Fans are welcome to enter from the Fan Zone store on the 11th street side of the Wells Fargo Center.
Gee, I’d really like to be there, but… let’s see, where’s my excuse rolodex? Ah, here it is. Working? Way too easy to get out of, almost laughable in fact. Fake doctor appointment? Then I’ll have to stay inside all day and watch Drew Carey.
Oh, here’s a good one. I’d love to help the Flyers set a world record, but being asked to literally watch paint dry borders on insulting. Yeah, I think that one will do.
I guess if you’re an art student or something, watching them paint the ice might be neat or even educational. I on the other hand have got bosses to duck and Price Is Right to watch.
I hear Charlie Manuel has some time though…
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages