Feb 5, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
Earlier in the day, we wrote* in our post “Can the Tampa Bay Lightning Be Stopped,” that if the Flyers were going to beat the high-powered Tampa Bay Lightning this evening in South Philadelphia, they’d have get a big-time offensive effort out of Tom Sestito. That’s exactly what transpired in the Flyers 2-1 win over the Lightning.
After the breakout, two-goal performance, Sestito told Coatesy that “I’ve got one move.”
His one move worked twice.
He hadn’t scored a goal in the NHL since waaaay back on December 23 of 2010. His career-high for goals in a season? Two.
Sestito left the fighting up to his pal Zac Rinaldo who absolutely destroyed poor B.J. Crombeen.
A solid effort from the Flyers on the defensive end too, minus one awful play from Bruno Gervais that cost Bryz a shutout.
Brzy was on his game all night, finishing with 21 saves.
But this was Sestito’s night to be the star. Just look at that skill!
*of course we didn’t write that, dummy.
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
|BenE. on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|Tom on #AskFakeWIPCaller: A Philly Sp…|
|Tom on Must See TV – Reggie Whi…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages