Feb 5, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Earlier in the day, we wrote* in our post “Can the Tampa Bay Lightning Be Stopped,” that if the Flyers were going to beat the high-powered Tampa Bay Lightning this evening in South Philadelphia, they’d have get a big-time offensive effort out of Tom Sestito. That’s exactly what transpired in the Flyers 2-1 win over the Lightning.
After the breakout, two-goal performance, Sestito told Coatesy that “I’ve got one move.”
His one move worked twice.
He hadn’t scored a goal in the NHL since waaaay back on December 23 of 2010. His career-high for goals in a season? Two.
Sestito left the fighting up to his pal Zac Rinaldo who absolutely destroyed poor B.J. Crombeen.
A solid effort from the Flyers on the defensive end too, minus one awful play from Bruno Gervais that cost Bryz a shutout.
Brzy was on his game all night, finishing with 21 saves.
But this was Sestito’s night to be the star. Just look at that skill!
*of course we didn’t write that, dummy.
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return