Mar 30, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Flyers beat the Toronto Maples Leafs into submission last night. It was a product of both the Flyers’ game coming together nicely and the Leafs simply being totally awful out on the ice.
Flyers radio guy Chris Therien called the Leafs’ performance last night the worst he’s seen from a hockey team in quite some time. It was pretty brutal. Just watch the defense on the 4-on-4 goal here (scroll to red).
Leafs fans can’t take it any longer. The frustration was clearly evident last night when pretty much the entire Air Canada Centre started chanting for the baseball team in town. “Let’s Go Blue Jays! Let’s Go Blue Jays” rained down. But that wasn’t all. [video below]
Philadelphia radio guys Bundy and Tim Saunders were also amazed that a few Leafs fans took the jerseys off of their backs and tossed them on to the ice, noting that those things cost more than a $100 bucks.
A small price to pay to show your hockey team that you’re utterly disgusted with how atrocious they are.
Opening day for the Blue Jays is on April 5th in Cleveland.
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money