Jun 23, 2011, 3:28 PM EST
We knew the Flyers wanted to sign goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, possibly at any cost. We now know the cost will include Jeff Carter in order to accommodate Bryzgalov’s cap hit. Bob McKenzie of TSN reported that Carter has been told he’s been traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets, as posted to twitter by Darren Dreger (and subsequently, everyone else). TSN’s site has the Flyers receiving forward Jakub Voracek plus a first (8th overall) and a third round pick.
Voracek, 21, is a big (6’2, 214) left-handed right wing who has put up decent numbers in three full NHL seasons. Last season, he tallied 14 gas and 32 assists, and in 2009-2010, he scored 16 and assisted on 34. Voracek is set to become a restricted free agent on July 1.
We’ll have more on this as details emerge, including our reaction.
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages