TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players in the World List Disagrees with Lavvy’s Assertion of Giroux, But Just Barely
Jan 15, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
TSN may not agree exactly with Peter Laviolette’s now famous assertion that Claude Giroux is the best hockey player in the world, but they do think he’s pretty damn close to being the best.
In their annual list of the top 50 NHL players, only Sidney Crosby and Evengi Malkin are slotted higher than Orange Jesus.
But that’s it for the Flyers on the top 50. No other Flyers make the cut after Claude.
Puck Daddy takes a look at the list and picks a few gripes, including pointing out defensemen aren’t given all that much weight. I suppose that’s a good thing for the Flyers this season? Goalies may also not be given the proper respect on such a list, but we all know they’re what really help you win a Stanley Cup.
So now that he’s right there ranked as the third best player in the world, all the Flyers have to do is give G a C. Will it happen on Thursday at the public practice at the Wells Fargo Center?
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) January 15, 2013
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return