TSN’s Top 50 NHL Players in the World List Disagrees with Lavvy’s Assertion of Giroux, But Just Barely
Jan 15, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
TSN may not agree exactly with Peter Laviolette’s now famous assertion that Claude Giroux is the best hockey player in the world, but they do think he’s pretty damn close to being the best.
In their annual list of the top 50 NHL players, only Sidney Crosby and Evengi Malkin are slotted higher than Orange Jesus.
But that’s it for the Flyers on the top 50. No other Flyers make the cut after Claude.
Puck Daddy takes a look at the list and picks a few gripes, including pointing out defensemen aren’t given all that much weight. I suppose that’s a good thing for the Flyers this season? Goalies may also not be given the proper respect on such a list, but we all know they’re what really help you win a Stanley Cup.
So now that he’s right there ranked as the third best player in the world, all the Flyers have to do is give G a C. Will it happen on Thursday at the public practice at the Wells Fargo Center?
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) January 15, 2013
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money