Jun 19, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Last week, we detailed the bizarre series of events surrounding James van Riemsdyk. Amid reports he was putting off surgery to hold up a potential trade, GM Paul Holmgren revealed an infection was to blame for the delay, and days later we learned van Riemsdyk would not have surgery at all.
On Monday, Sarah Baicker again got to the bottom of the JVR story, and she says there is no conspiracy. Holmgren explained opinions on Riemer’s hip simply changed, that’s all.
“We wanted what’s best for James,” Holmgren said. “… He didn’t miss a game last year because of a hip issue. He had other things that went on, obviously, a broken foot, a concussion. He had an oblique strain. Another strain in his rib cage.
“There’s an area of concern there [in his hip] that’s been identified, and we’re just going to move forward right now and deal with it. I don’t have a crystal ball to say when it will pop up. We have other players, quite frankly, over the last few years who have similar issues that still are playing and still have not had it addressed.”
So there you have it. Now, that doesn’t exactly clear up those trade rumors — though Homer addressed those to an extent as well — but don’t read too deeply into the change in treatment.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages