Dec 20, 2012, 4:09 AM EST
If you follow any professional hockey players on Twitter, then over the last few weeks you surely saw that Scott Hartnell and his former Flyers teammate james van Riemsdyk were running against each other for high school class president. No, wait, that’s not it. They were actually doing something nice and competing to see who could raise more donations for victims of Hurricane Sandy. The loser would have to go to the mall and shop in full hockey gear.
That’s awkward and embarrassing, you see.
Turns out Hartsy took the victory and JVR was sent out looking at the Mall of America in Minnesota for some Christmas gifts in full hockey getup.
One complaint about the above video, however, is that there’s no shot of JVR actually wandering through the mall in the full ensemble. That was the money shot right there with all the dirty/bewildered looks he likely received. TSN captured a bit of that, including a visit to Santa Claus.
Kudos to JVR making a purchase for Harsty at The Art of Shaving. He could certainly put that to good use. Although Hartsy says he’s not shaving until the lockout ends, so let’s all hope we see a clean Scott Hartnell in 2013.
Anyway, nice on them. They apparently raised upwards of $40,000 with the stunt. I suppose if you’re not going to be playing hockey for a long damn time it’s good to help some people who could use it.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages