Mar 29, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
Already eliminated from the playoffs and without goaltender James Reimer for the rest of the latest in a string of damned seasons, the Toronto Maple Leafs lost another goalie when Jonas Gustavsson was hurt during warmups before the Leafs faced off with the Flyers. Nicknamed the Monster, Gustavsson seemed to be taken out not unlike Goliath, when a teammate’s shot caught him inside the pads and felled him like a sniper from the rafters.
The Leafs were forced to go with Jussi Rynnas in his first NHL start, and sadly for the Finnish goalie, he was little more than a trashcan in a street hockey net as the Flyers coasted to a 7-1 win. Gustavsson did emerge on the bench in the second period, though Randy Carlyle didn’t opt to give Rynnas the mercy pull in favor of an injured goalie.
Video via Puck Daddy, who has more on the Toronto goalie woes.
Recap of a dominant Flyers effort on the way.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|willh888 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
|33 on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages