Mar 29, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Already eliminated from the playoffs and without goaltender James Reimer for the rest of the latest in a string of damned seasons, the Toronto Maple Leafs lost another goalie when Jonas Gustavsson was hurt during warmups before the Leafs faced off with the Flyers. Nicknamed the Monster, Gustavsson seemed to be taken out not unlike Goliath, when a teammate’s shot caught him inside the pads and felled him like a sniper from the rafters.
The Leafs were forced to go with Jussi Rynnas in his first NHL start, and sadly for the Finnish goalie, he was little more than a trashcan in a street hockey net as the Flyers coasted to a 7-1 win. Gustavsson did emerge on the bench in the second period, though Randy Carlyle didn’t opt to give Rynnas the mercy pull in favor of an injured goalie.
Video via Puck Daddy, who has more on the Toronto goalie woes.
Recap of a dominant Flyers effort on the way.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money