Dec 14, 2011, 1:13 PM EST
Daily News beat writer Frank Seravalli has a detailed piece on the Frequent Flyers blog at Philly.com breaking down Chris Pronger’s recent injury history.
Though the concussion with which he has now been diagnosed was originally thought to have stemmed from his stick-blade-to-the-eye incident against Toronto in October, that now seems like only part of the story.
After all, the captain played in five games after returning from that initial injury, only to later come down with his mysterious “virus” that would later be found to be of the post-concussion variety. So exactly when and where did this concussion take place?
Seravalli’s account of the suspected incident during the Flyers recent trip to Phoenix:
Pronger was hit from the side, but went into the glass face first. He bounced off the glass and immediately fell to his knees and was slow to get up again. Pronger eventually re-joined the play, made a pass, and exited the ice.
Video of the play in question:
Though this hasn’t been confirmed by the team or Pronger as the specific hit that led to his current troubles, even the CSN guys were showing footage of the collision on last night’s telecast.
Whatever the root cause of his headaches and dizziness, the team will have to wait not only for Pronger’s head to clear, but also for his knee to heal after yet another surgery. While nothing has been announced, he is assumed out for next month’s Winter Classic against the Rangers.
As for a worrying rundown of those players across currently missing time to due the league’s rash of concussions and alike symptoms, James Mirtle of TSN and the Globe and Mail in Canada provides this list of just those who could be considered high-profile:
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages