Mar 11, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
It’s tough to tell with Ilya Bryzgalov. Sometimes you think he’s the crazy Russian and other times you think he’s an evil genius. And then every now and then he has a post-game quote where you can’t help but laugh at and love the guy.
The later was the case last night. And winning certainly helps.
Following last night’s eeking past the Buffalo Sabres in a 3-2 victory, Bryz was asked about the tremendous play Brayden Schenn made on a puck on the goal line that dribbled threw his five hole and looked headed for a score. It takes Bryz a few seconds to remember the play, and you kind of wonder if he’s just playing with the media at that point, but then it hits him like an asteroid appearing out of the Russian sky.
“BIG save,” he says. “BIG, BIG save.”
And he was right. But it’s all in the delivery. Purposeful or not.
Video of Schenn’s fantastic save plus Lavy and Bryz talking about it:
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages