Dec 9, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Fans were calling for some sort of justice, either on-ice or from the league, after former Flyer and current Buffalo Sabre Ville Leino threw an elbow at the head of current Flyers rookie Matt Read in Wednesday night’s game [Video]. The former may not have come to fruition, but the latter did on Thursday night, when dean of discipline Brendan Shanahan issued a one-game suspension to Leino. Here’s his video explaining why.
Lindy Ruff can’t be too thrilled, as he was calling for a suspension on the Flyers’ Marc-Andre Bourdon, who boarded Nathan Gerbe in the game. Gerbe is said to have suffered a concussion as a result of the hit.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money