Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 AM EST
One of many great sequences from last night’s 8-5 Flyers win over the Penguins came in the first period, when the Pens were still seemingly in control of the action, already up 2-0. Pinned in the defensive zone with Pittsburgh on the power play, the Flyers were bailed out by Ilya Bryzgalov, who split across the goal mouth to rob Kris Letang of what looked to be a certain goal.
Letang tried to claim Bryz’s glove was beyond the goal line (it wasn’t), then dropped the ice when given a shut-up shove from Flyers rookie Matt Read. Both were sent to the box as the refs finally called a Pens dive, and on the next shift, the Flyers scored a short-handed goal, putting them squarely back in the game. Max Talbot held the dagger.
Videos/break-down/making fun of the Penguins below.
Here’s Bryz’s save and Letang’s sad attempt to draw a penalty.
Yet another Flyers rookie physically calling out a Penguin, a la Brayden Schenn with Sidney Crosby. Yet another Penguin diving.
And here’s what happened next…
Full marks on the shorthanded effort by Talbot and Claude Giroux to bust up the Pittsburgh power play, stripping Sidney Crosby. Giroux then blew past a pair of Penguins (including Crosby, just thought we’d mention), drawing both along with him as his shot pulled Marc-Andre Fleury out of the net.
Talbot had an easy go of it from there…
Both the NBC and CSN commentators called into question Dan Bylsma’s decision to stock the point with a forward or two on power plays. The Flyers are just too tenacious on the kill, and they made them pay.
Related: Here’s Wayne Simmonds mocking Letang for having a Pez dispenser’s neck action:
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages