Apr 1, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
And it appeared to be as painful as it sounds…
And if that isn’t the most hockey thing of all time, Simmer’s absolute calm while bleeding from the face in the interview below might be. Game notes afterward.
We’ve said it before and we’ll no doubt be saying it again soon. What a Flyer.
The Flyers found themselves in an early hole, down 3-0 before the first period was out. All season long, they’ve done well in the second though, and by the game’s 40-minute mark, the Flyers had tied it. After a scoreless third and overtime, the Sens took the extra point in the shootout.
After Simmonds’ face-goal, Sean Couturier scored his 13th on a long-reviewed play that involved the net magically jumping off its moorings.
It’s that time of year again. Danny Briere is catching fire. After notching four assists in the 7-1 win over Toronto, he added two more against the Senators. The second came on Braydon Coburn’s equalizer and was a thing of beauty:
The Flyers weren’t as blown out in the first as the score might indicate. They had great chances, but Craig Anderson nabbed them all. Bob struggled some at the other end, but got a lot better as the game went on. Anderson was amazing, star of the game.
The OT was wild, which made the need for a shootout that much more painful. Some great opportunities gave the feeling that even an extra minute would have been enough to settle the game.
Matt Read scored the opening goal for the Flyers in the shootout, but both Claude Giroux and Danny Briere failed in their attempts. Ottawa scored on each of their three attempts, with Jason Spezza’s winner being the exact opposite approach of Giroux’s. G came in slow and on his backhand side; Spezza looked like he was shot out of a cannon and blazed one past Bob.
Flyers PR relays that this is the ninth time the team has been down by two or more goals and gotten at least a point out of it. If we know anything about this team, it’s that they can’t be counted out despite early deficits or crappy play in the first 10 or 20 minutes.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return