Oct 14, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Former Flyers scrapper Arron Asham threw down with non-pugilist Jay Beagle during last night’s 3-2 Capitals OT win over the Penguins, and man did he beat the poop out of him.
What you don’t see in that clip is that, as Asham skated away, he did this:
Puck Daddy relays that Asham later felt pretty bad about it, probably right away actually, once he saw that Beagle was in a pretty bad way on the ice. Feeling ashamed (sorry), Asham gave Beagle some respect as the Capital skated away from the bloodstain he left on the ice, and pulled his own tooth out on the way to dressing room.
Wyshynski has full reaction from Asham and others.
I agree it was a dick move, but it’s also understandable and not wholly indicative of Asham being some callous piece garbage. With all the adrenaline that courses through you in and just after a fight, it’s not too surprising to do something you might otherwise regret. I think Ash deserves a pass for it, especially after coming clean that his act was “classless.”
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money