Apr 2, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
The Wayne Train may not be very pretty at the moment by society’s standards but in the hockey world it’s tough to get more beautiful than Simmonds after the weekend he had on the ice.
Today, he was rewarded for his leave-it-all-on-the-ice style of play as Simmonds was named the NHL First Star of the Week. [Update: Ilya Bryzgalov has been named the First Star of the Month, as well.]
The photo you’re looking it is of Wayne this morning after scoring a goal off his face on Saturday and taking a couple of punches to the kisser on Sunday.
All in a weekend’s work for the Philadelphia Flyer.
As my man Rev said on Twitter, “I want my unborn and yet to be conceived daughter to marry Wayne Simmonds.”
Photo by Dave Isaac
So…this is what Wayne Simmonds looks like today. twitter.com/davegisaac/sta…
— Dave Isaac (@davegisaac) April 1, 2012
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return