Mar 7, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Former Flyer Mike Knuble has run into some hard times down in Washington, getting a healthy scratch on numerous occasions this season by new Capitals coach Dale Hunter. Turns out, Knuble fans are not happy with this decision and a fangroup known as Knuble’s Knights wanted to make their opinions heard.
From the Post:
contests that the veteran winger has sat out, and two of his most ardent
supporters, who call themselves Knuble’s Knights, brought signs to Verizon Center. One read “Free Knuble”. The other was a reference to Coach Dale Hunter that read “Scratch Hunter”.
Apparently these fans were asked to take down their signs by the Verizon Center staff who heard from a couple of Caps players who were not down with the Hunter hate.
I think we can safely say that we’re in support of the enemy fans down in DC in their efforts to scratch (or maim) Dale Hunter.
— Knuble’s Knights (@knublesknights) March 6, 2012
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money