Apr 4, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
There will be no more delicious ribs for Peter Laviolette and the Flyers after beating up on the Penguins in Pittsburgh. At least that’s what Dewey Guida, the owner of renowned rib joint Dee Jay’s, is saying after Lavvy touted the delicious BBQ as a key to the Flyers success in Steel City.
As was previously mentioned, Lavvy struck up a friendship with Guida when he was coaching the Nailers of the ECHL in Wheeling, West Virginia. So Lavvy had been hitting him up recently to get the delicious ribs delivered for his team after games and all was tasty in the world. But after the Flyers most recent win on Sunday which was a nationally televised affair that drew quite a bit of attention, Lavvy had to go and joke about the ribs being the key to his team’s success in Pittsburgh.
Well Guida is a big time Pens fan and by no means wants to be held responsible of the Flyers good fortune. So what does that mean? No more barbecued meat from Dee Jay’s for the orange and black.
And come Saturday, when the Flyers close out the regular season against the Pens at the Consol Center, Guida said they’ll be doing it without their post-game rib-mojo – a no-no in the superstitious world of hockey. Given that’s it’s a holiday weekend, Guida said his restaurant won’t be open. And besides. there is that matter of his Penguin loyalties.
“No more ribs for them,” Guida said. “And I pray, I hope, that the Penguins beat their skates off.”
Ribs are fatty anyway. And hard to chew with no front teeth. Right Cooter?
>>No more ribs for Flyers [Herald-Star]
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages