Apr 4, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
There will be no more delicious ribs for Peter Laviolette and the Flyers after beating up on the Penguins in Pittsburgh. At least that’s what Dewey Guida, the owner of renowned rib joint Dee Jay’s, is saying after Lavvy touted the delicious BBQ as a key to the Flyers success in Steel City.
As was previously mentioned, Lavvy struck up a friendship with Guida when he was coaching the Nailers of the ECHL in Wheeling, West Virginia. So Lavvy had been hitting him up recently to get the delicious ribs delivered for his team after games and all was tasty in the world. But after the Flyers most recent win on Sunday which was a nationally televised affair that drew quite a bit of attention, Lavvy had to go and joke about the ribs being the key to his team’s success in Pittsburgh.
Well Guida is a big time Pens fan and by no means wants to be held responsible of the Flyers good fortune. So what does that mean? No more barbecued meat from Dee Jay’s for the orange and black.
And come Saturday, when the Flyers close out the regular season against the Pens at the Consol Center, Guida said they’ll be doing it without their post-game rib-mojo – a no-no in the superstitious world of hockey. Given that’s it’s a holiday weekend, Guida said his restaurant won’t be open. And besides. there is that matter of his Penguin loyalties.
“No more ribs for them,” Guida said. “And I pray, I hope, that the Penguins beat their skates off.”
Ribs are fatty anyway. And hard to chew with no front teeth. Right Cooter?
>>No more ribs for Flyers [Herald-Star]
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return