Apr 11, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
May 29, 2010 was the day Roy Halladay faced Josh Johnson and the Florida Marlins at the same time the Philadelphia Flyers were playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Surely you remember where you were on that fateful night? Got any good stories?
I was over Matt P.’s house to watch the big Flyers game — game one of the Stanley Cup Finals that year — but we were well aware of what was going on down in Florida due to my addiction to Twitter. We flipped over to check on Halladay every Flyers commercial break and also watched the final few innings.
Halladay was perfect that day.
Halladay faces Johnson again tonight at Citizens Bank Park and the Flyers face the Penguins in game one of their playoff series. Should be an exciting evening.
And hopefully this Flyers team can play for another month and a half so we can have hockey to watch on May 29 again this year.
|tcclark on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|psudrozz on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|DenverFlyer on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Bob on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money