Apr 11, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
May 29, 2010 was the day Roy Halladay faced Josh Johnson and the Florida Marlins at the same time the Philadelphia Flyers were playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Surely you remember where you were on that fateful night? Got any good stories?
I was over Matt P.’s house to watch the big Flyers game — game one of the Stanley Cup Finals that year — but we were well aware of what was going on down in Florida due to my addiction to Twitter. We flipped over to check on Halladay every Flyers commercial break and also watched the final few innings.
Halladay was perfect that day.
Halladay faces Johnson again tonight at Citizens Bank Park and the Flyers face the Penguins in game one of their playoff series. Should be an exciting evening.
And hopefully this Flyers team can play for another month and a half so we can have hockey to watch on May 29 again this year.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages