Apr 19, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
It’s standard operating procedure in hockey, especially in the playoffs, not to reveal specific details.
For Flyers defenseman Nicklas Grossmann, he missed last night’s third period with an “upper-body injury” and is currently listed as day-to-day.
Of course, Grossmann went to the bench Wednesday evening after a high hit from Tyler Kennedy and didn’t look quite right. Jim Jackson and Bill Clement went so far on the broadcast as to specifically mention that he was spitting, looking for signs as to whether or not he was concussed.
But did Grossmann’s problems, assuming they are concussion-related, start earlier in the game?
ProHockeyTalk has posted this video of Evgeni Malkin’s outstretched elbow colliding with Grossmann not even four minutes into the first period.
Again, there’s no official confirmation as to what specifically is wrong with Grossmann, but he did suffer two separate hits above the shoulder in the corner of his own defensive zone last night and both Tim Panaccio and Howard Eskin have called it a concussion.
Whatever the unspecified UBI, the Flyers better hope Grossmann can shake it. In just two months, he has already proven himself as one of, if not the most valuable defenseman on the roster.
Should Grossmann not be able to go, which Eskin indicates is the case, Panaccio reports either Erik Gustafsson or Brandon Manning will dress for Game 5.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return