Apr 25, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
The Flyers dug themselves out of yet another seemingly insurmountable starting goalie-induced giant hole to force a Game Seven at the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday night. Unbelievable how they regrouped after going down 2-0 early.
Michael Leighton gave up three first period goals (deja vu all over again) before giving way to Brian Boucher at the start of the second period. Danny Briere continued his stellar play, scoring the Flyers first goal. JVR, who along with Briere has carried the load this series, picked up the second Flyers goal.
Briere scored a powerplay goal (imagine that) to pull the Flyers even at 3-3. Boucher completely whiffed on a glove save on a Nathan Gerbe shot to put the Sabres back up 4-3. I didn’t know if they’d be able to recover after yet another soft goal (it may have deflected off of Sean O’Donnell), but they did.
Hartnell banged home a Tim Kerr-special in front to tie it at 4-4, which is how regualtion ended. Leino, scored the OT winner to send the series back to the WFC for Game 7 on Tuesday.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages