Nov 30, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
Dan Carcillo was a somewhat divisive player when he was with the Flyers, with many fans loving the double devil horns after a fight and others wondering why we couldn’t get a more versatile contributor to play those minutes and earn that money. He was a player that moved the needle, both on and off the ice, and that’s a quantity that has been sought in the entertainment industry since its inception.
So it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that Carcillo now has his own radio show on WGN in Chicago, called The Bomb Shelter…
Chico’s love of music was well known during his time here, with Eddie Van Halen even sending him a signature pair of shoes, which he modeled while wearing a Metallica shirt. The show will be a semi-regular one-hour offering and include selections from Carcillo’s musical favorites, spanning classic to modern rock. The debut show airs this Friday, and will feature Carcillo chatting with his dad, a native Italian, and playing some Italian music.
Wonder why no intrepid programmers gave him one here… Would have been an interesting hour of programming on the now defunct WYSP.
On the ice, Carcillo has had some ups and downs since joining the Blackhawks, most recently some downs. He’s been given time on the top line and has tallied seven points with a pair of goals in 20 games, but was a healthy scratch this past Saturday with coach Joel Quenneville hoping to send a message to up his game. Chico’s also been suspended already this season, his previous disciplinary activity playing a role. In other words, his offensive numbers are up along with his playing time with Kane and Hossa, but not a whole lot appears to have changed with Carcillo. That is, except he now has a radio show.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money