Nov 30, 2011, 8:11 AM EST
Dan Carcillo was a somewhat divisive player when he was with the Flyers, with many fans loving the double devil horns after a fight and others wondering why we couldn’t get a more versatile contributor to play those minutes and earn that money. He was a player that moved the needle, both on and off the ice, and that’s a quantity that has been sought in the entertainment industry since its inception.
So it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that Carcillo now has his own radio show on WGN in Chicago, called The Bomb Shelter…
Chico’s love of music was well known during his time here, with Eddie Van Halen even sending him a signature pair of shoes, which he modeled while wearing a Metallica shirt. The show will be a semi-regular one-hour offering and include selections from Carcillo’s musical favorites, spanning classic to modern rock. The debut show airs this Friday, and will feature Carcillo chatting with his dad, a native Italian, and playing some Italian music.
Wonder why no intrepid programmers gave him one here… Would have been an interesting hour of programming on the now defunct WYSP.
On the ice, Carcillo has had some ups and downs since joining the Blackhawks, most recently some downs. He’s been given time on the top line and has tallied seven points with a pair of goals in 20 games, but was a healthy scratch this past Saturday with coach Joel Quenneville hoping to send a message to up his game. Chico’s also been suspended already this season, his previous disciplinary activity playing a role. In other words, his offensive numbers are up along with his playing time with Kane and Hossa, but not a whole lot appears to have changed with Carcillo. That is, except he now has a radio show.
|Pipes on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Nick on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|robert dolbow on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Handsome Pete on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages