Jul 26, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
Want a $2 dollar toaster that will print the Phillies’ logo on your bread? Of course, you do. [UPDATE: THE TOASTERS ARE ALREADY GONE. ONE GUY BOUGHT THREE.]
Welcome to the annual Wells Fargo Center blowout sale. This is the event when all the dated merchandise leftover from last year — or even years prior — is on sale for deep, deep discounts.
After all, what is Fan Gear supposed to do with all these Andrew Bynum, Jrue Holiday, Danny Briere and Ilya Bryzgalov jerseys? They have to give them to somebody, and they might as well make at least a little money off the remaining inventory. That’s where you come in.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, you can buy an expletive-ton of Flyers, Sixers and Phillies merchandise from the floor of the Wells Fargo Center.
Building employees were given first crack Friday afternoon, allowing us to take the pictures below and provide you with an early pricing sheet (Phillies // Flyers and Sixers) so you can plan accordingly.
Bear in mind, not everything is a Nick Young T-shirt — in fact, there should be more of those. But there’s also a lot of new stuff — Streit, Lecavalier and Emery jerseys — and some really good finds. The Mitchell & Ness jacket you see on the right, for example, originally tagged at upwards of $100, can be had for $25. And the cardigan on the left is just sweet:
On the downside, some of the dated merch isn’t nearly as cheap as it was last summer. Last year, I walked away with two Sixers jerseys (Marreese Speights and Lou Williams), a Jim Thome jersey, a LouWill T-shirt and Flyers T for a grand total of $30.
This year, they still want $30 for every Sixers jersey on sale, and $60 dollars for a Flyers sweater. On the plus side, Andrew Bynum has his very own table:
I ended up walking away with one of the Phillies toasters and two 8 X 12s of Swaggy P throwing down. (You can’t have just one). The rest of the pictures from the sale are below, including shots of the toaster and some leftover Shane Victorino foam fingers:
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages