Feb 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Cheesesteaks are good for pretty much one thing and one thing only: eating them.
Using them for B roll footage on sports television broadcasts or as a theme for some Super Bowl Commercial is a bad idea nine times out of ten. So it shouldn’t surprise you that we here at The700Level.com hated Geico’s “Cheesesteak Shuffle” commercial that aired locally during the Big Game last night.
In a somewhat related story, you may have heard about Angelo Cataldi almost dying last week while choking on a cheesesteak only to be saved by none other than Howard Eskin’s son, Spike. Initial reports had the scene of the near death experience as a television commercial of sorts.
Turns out, Cataldi was filming a mock “Cheesesteak Shuffle” video which you can watch above.
All of this leaves me with one final thought: Please, please, please, please, please, Eagles — make it to the Super Bowl next year so we can have something to talk about other than stupid sandwich commercials. Please.
this is what Angelo was filming when he choked and almost died | http://t.co/LsZcaYmCiO
— Spike Eskin (@SpikeEskin) February 3, 2014
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return