Nov 7, 2011, 11:58 PM EDT
Turnovers. Penalties. Mistakes. Stop me if you’ve heard this before.
On second thought, don’t stop me. The same exact issues that plagued the undisciplined Eagles during their four-game, month-long losing streak came back to haunt them again against the Bears on Monday night. So much for putting that period behind them, as the Birds fall 30-24.
Michael Vick threw an interception in the red zone. DeSean Jackson fumbled a punt return deep inside Philadelphia territory. The defense extended Chicago drives with multiple costly third-down penalties. Even a fake punt was poorly executed, resulting in a turnover on downs.
As a result of all the miscues, the Eagles dropped to 3-5 on the season, and we don’t have to tell you what that means. The playoffs were already in jeopardy — now they are a long shot. More to come on this devastating loss that, once again, did not need to happen.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return