Oct 25, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Going to the Eagles game this Sunday, and wondering what kind of reception to give Asante Samuel when he walks out of the tunnel? In an interview with AtlantaFalcons.com (via PhiladelphiaEagles.com), Asante issued an ultimatum of sorts to the Lincoln Financial faithful.
Cheer for me — or else.
“They better cheer for me. They’re going to cheer for me or we’re going to have a problem right there in Lincoln Financial (Field),” Samuel told AtlantaFalcons.com on Thursday. “All y’all fans, all I did for y’all, y’all better cheer for me. Deuce here. (I’ve) got nothing but love for y’all.”
We can only imagine the “problem” that we’re going to have is a pissed-off Samuel running back Michael Vick passes for scores.
In all honesty, after four seasons in Philly and three trips to the Pro Bowl, number 22 is probably worthy of a few cheers before the game. Then again, he hasn’t exactly been endearing himself to the fans all week, that’s for sure. He’s almost asking for boos.
Come to think of it, he is asking for boos. Probably best to meet his return with indifference.
Also in the nearly five-minute interview — which by the way, Samuel conducted at his locker with his helmet on — the brash corner basically bragged about forcing the Eagles’ hand in the trade to Atlanta, which notoriously net the Birds a lone seventh-round pick.
“We all had to agree on it together. I had other choices that I was not going to pick. Atlanta was a place I wanted to come,” Samuel said. “They tried to not let me come to Atlanta, but you know we got it done. We got it done.”
BOO THIS MAN!
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return