Aug 17, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Birds fans are about as excited with the team’s trio of Pro Bowl corners as football fans can get about a secondary. While not many positions outside of the offensive skill players are really “sexy,” there’s something about a ridiculously talented corner out there on his own island that has an appeal to it.
So it’s not surprising the consensus in Philly seems to hope that Howie Roseman decides to keep Asante Samuel in Eagles green instead of trading him. While the was some very initial rumblings after Nnamdi Asomugha signed with the Eagles that the team could then maybe deal Samuel for a position of need, notably linebacker. But after a shortened training camp the team seems fairly content with their young linebackers, so much so that you’ll likely see a rookie starter in Casey Matthews.
So what might they get in return for Asante if they decide to deal him? In a nice article about the state of the Eagles and their dreamy additions, Yahoo!’s Michael Silver says that Roseman has been asking for two second round draft picks in return for Samuel. He also goes on to note that the Eagles’ young GM says he’s “comfortable” going into the season with his three stud corners.
That would likely make Birds’ fans happy. Still, it’s worth considering the options. Do you prefer an embarrassment of riches at one position for a season in which you’re most certainly “going for it?” Or do you deal one to add even more pieces down the line?
Also, there’s a Young MC reference complete with clickable audio in linked Yahoo! article. We need that kind of technology on the Level.
>>Dreamy additions have Eagles thinking big [Yahoo!]
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money