Dec 9, 2013, 8:54 AM EST
You can debate whether or not Nick Foles has the makings of a true NFL quarterback–well, maybe you could a couple weeks ago, now the debate’s getting kinda one-sided–but he’s definitely lacking in at least one intangible category: His name kinda stinks. Peyton Manning, that’s a quarterback name. Tom Brady. Cam Newton. Andrew Luck. Michael Vick, even.
Nick Foles, though? Eh. The Nick part’s not a bad start, but Foles is just a pretty tough last name to glamorize. It just kinda lies there, monosyllabic and blunt. And there’s no real cool way to abbreviate his name, either. NF sounds like a web acronym. N-Foles sounds like some sort of experimental pharmaceutical. And the “Nick” part isn’t singular iconic enough yet that you can refer to him by first name alone, unless you gave him some kind of alliterative nickname like Never-Nervous Nick or something, and to my knowledge, no one’s thought of a good one for that yet.
However, it appears that our star running back may have found a way out of this mess. Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com reports:
LeSean McCoy as he left his press conference: “Folesy did it again!!” #Eagles
— Eliot Shorr-Parks (@EliotShorrParks) December 8, 2013
Folesy! Not bad. It’s not particularly stately and it’s definitely none too intimidating, but for our goofy, Napoleon Dynamite-looking good ol’ boy of a QB, it sounds about right for now. Plus, after rushing for 217 yards and two scores, Shady could start referring to Benjamin Franklin as Benny Fresh and social studies teachers statewide would have no choice but to follow his lead.
8-5, five Ws in a row, half-game up in the Cowboys in the East. #Folesydiditagain, indeed.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return