Apr 23, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
Brian Dawkins announced on Twitter that he’s retiring from the game of football. His full message:
The Lord has blessed me to play in the NFL for 16 years. I would
like to thank the Eagles & the Broncos 4 believing In me. I would
like 2 thank all my teammates & Coaches that I have been blessed 2
go to battle with. Along with u, the fans 4 helping make my career 1
that i have enjoyed tremendously.
In other words. I am announcing my retirement from the NFL. #BBTB
There’s something strange about one of the baddest men in football using ’2′ and ’4′ and ‘u’ as words in a somewhat official message.
We’ll miss you, Dawk.
And Jeff McLane adds that Dawk has an open invite from the Birds to retire as an Eagle. That would be fantastic.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money