Nov 9, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Earlier in the week, Eagles corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said that other players in the league think of the Eagles’ defense as a “pretty defense,” meaning one that is not physical.
Here’s one of his quotes from a story by CSN’s Geoff Mosher:
“Everybody looks at us as a pretty defense,” Rodgers-Cromartie said
after Thursday’s practice, “[and that] guys don’t want to be physical.
We’ve got to go up there and make a name for ourselves.”
Other players have actually said this to him?
“Yeah, that’s just around the league,” he continued. “Ya’ll guys are talented but ya’ll don’t want to hit nobody. We’ll see.”
At least DRC looks pretty when he’s rocking the pink clothes and green hair, right? Wait, that’s not what he meant.
Now, DRC admitted that they have to try and reestablish themselves as a tough, physical, imposing defense this Sunday against the Cowboys, but former Eagles legend Brian Dawkins said he’d even take it a step further.
Dawkins was a guest on 97.5 the Fanatic on Friday afternoon and talked about what he’d do if an opposing team called his defense soft. Now, I think B-Dawk was under the impression the Cowboys called the current Eagles’ D “soft,” which I don’t believe is the actual case, but Mikey Miss kind of leads him into that a bit. DRC kind of just said that is an impression other people around the league in general give. (Correct me if I’m wrong?)
But still, the rant Dawk goes on speaks volumes about the differences in those defenses of old and the current regime.
Click on the link below for the actual segment (courtesy 97.5) or try this link for the full interview.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money