Feb 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
You can call him a “game manager” if you want but now you have to call him a Super Bowl Champion.
Russell Wilson did everything he needed to do to lead the Seattle Seahawks to an impressive victory over the Denver Broncos last night. Those lengths may have included a little superstition about not cutting his hair all season.
Wilson joined the Fox Sports 1 crew after the win and was asked about his long locks. Howie Long then passed along a message he received from Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly.
“You know what Chip Kelly texted me after the halftime, he said, ‘why is Russell Wilson performing at halftime?’ Bruno Mars, the hair.”
You may recall the Eagles had quite a bit of interest in Wilson back before Seattle selected him but things didn’t fall their way.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money