Dec 2, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Chip Kelly is a beautiful man. A football genius. Bringer of joy to South Philadelphia.
He’s a swell guy by all accounts.
But even Chip Kelly makes mistakes. Like when he removed red hot Nick Foles from the quarterback position for one play on Sunday in favor of… Brad Smith. The guy has been on the team for like three weeks and I’d love to know how many people watching at home even knew who he was.
[Previously: How does WR/KR Brad Smith fit in with the Eagles?]
But don’t try and call the wildcat formation Chip threw out there a wildcat formation. Know your terminology, will ya!
“It was not a wildcat play,” head coach Chip Kelly said. “It’s just Brad Smith plays quarterback. So let’s straighten that out right now. We don’t run the wildcat. It’s just a play. He played quarterback. Nick played receiver because Brad’s really good with the ball in his hands.”
Got it. Chip Kelly doesn’t run the wildcat (Until he does).
You may have been wondering, like me, why not use Mike Vick in such a situation? Chipper said Vick didn’t practice as much as Smith this week and also that the two have very differing skill sets. But neither are wildcats.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money