Dec 11, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Our January 23rd, The700Level.com meetup at Smith’s Restaurant and Bar in Rittenhouse is quickly approaching. Just a few reminders that it’s a Thursday night so you really should have no excuse not to come, the Flyers will be on many of their 11 televisions, but really it’ll be a great chance to mingle with both Level writers and commenters while enjoying a few cold beer specials.
You may be interested in knowing the Eagles have not lost a football game since Smith’s started their $5 Fireball shot special after every Birds’ touchdown. So maybe head over on Sunday for the super important Vikings game. $5 boneless wings or chicken nachos, $4 Harpoon pints, or $3 Bud Lights during all football games.
And for the $25 gift card winner this week we went with commenter 2sentz who loved the atmosphere of the Snow Bowl:
The kickoff with Rocky music blaring, fireworks exploding and blinding snow was chill-inducing. Palpable bittersweet feeling of “Wow this is gonna be memorable”, and “Shit, we never ever win these goofy weather games” (Fog Bowl, freezing rainy NFC Champ game vs Panthers, post-blizzard Tue nite vs. Vikes, playing through Hurricane Sandy vs Atlanta, etc).
And indeed through 2.5 quarters three-and-outs you could tangibly feel a cold hopelessness start to creep in. But fans didn’t cave, and Chip played it perfectly….kept taking the disciplined long view even through impatient “boo’s” on 3rd & long running plays while fighting for every inch of field position. There’s a reason he’s the head coach and we’re not, and he proved why.
If NFL films had coconuts they’d convert all highlights of that game to black & white, it felt like exactly like I’d imagine games in the 1940′s felt.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money