Oct 16, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Before we get to the comment of the week today, I’d like to invite you all to mark your calendars to come out to Smith’s Restaurant and Bar on January 23rd for The700Level.com Flyers watch party and meet up. How often do you get the chance to scream at people in real life who you’ve been yelling at in the comment section for years? The Flyers take on the Blue Jackets so maybe you’ll spot one of those rare “win” things I’m told are possible in sports. Plus, beer!
We created a Facebook event for the watch party so you should hop on over and join us.
As for this week’s comment of the week, we’re going with somekat who was doing some defending of Nick Foles’ most recent victim, the Tampa Bay Bucs. He wins a $25 gift card to Smith’s Restaurant. For those unfamiliar, Smith’s is located right off Rittenhouse Square in Center City and is an awesome place to watch football on Thursday nights or a regular full slate Sunday. They’ve got $4 Harpoon drafts and $5 guacamole, boneless wings, and chicken nachos during all NFL games. Tough to beat $5 chicken nachos.
This week’s winner:
You mean the 0-4 bucs that hadn’t given up more than 23 points before last week, with 2 of the 4 being against he Saints and the Pats?
The 0-4 bucs that held Brady to 220 yards passing?
The 0-4 bucs that held Brees to a 67.5 passer rating?
The 0-4 bucs that are the only team that has made Geno Smith look like a rookie?
The 0-4 bucs that held the Cards to under 300 TOTAL yards?
If that is the 0-4 bucs team that you are talking about, then yes, racking up just short of 300 yards, on 70% completion, with 3 tds in the air and 1 on the ground, AND 3 for 3 in the red zone (against a team that was #2 in the league in that category going in), is VERY impressive for a guy who only has 8 career starts, and the first 7 was playing behind a decimated line, with no weapons to speak of.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return