Nov 21, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
I stopped in at Smith’s on Tuesday to have lunch. It included all the important food groups: vegetables, steak, and beer. Smith’s steak salad is great. And beer (Harpoon) with lunch is always a wise decision.
May I suggest to the comment of the week winner that when you go to use your $25 gift card to Smith’s that you take me with you? I’m great company.
And for the winner this week we once again went a bit against the grain. Simmonds17 commented on Ryan’s post about Brayden Schenn being on the block and why that’s a bad idea:
I also think Holmgren gets way too much heat for his moves. I can see people saying the Streit and Lecavalier contracts are too long, but the salaries are about market value and maybe that’s what it took to get them here. Would people rather not have Vinny? (Just because he’s “old”?)
I think the Carter and Richards deals were master strokes, and getting Steve Mason has worked out brilliantly too. Where are all the people who lambasted the Bobrovsky trade AFTER Bob won the Vezina? Are they going in turn to praise Homer for getting Mason, who is young and athletic and appears to just have needed a change of scenery, for very little?
I don’t want them to trade Brayden Schenn. But it’s very possible they’re looking at trade possibilities that would make sense overall for the team. The Schenn brothers, Emery and Nick Cousins for Shea Weber perhaps? Nashville has to be thinking about unloading that contract.
And don’t forget to mark your calendars for our January 23rd Flyers watch party at Smith’s. If you’ve never been there, it’s a great place to watch some football. They’ve got food ($5 chicken nachos are my fave) and beer ($3 lagers and $4 Harpoons) during all Thursday and Sunday NFL games. Ask about the Fireball shots when the Eagles score too.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return