Dec 12, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
Fan favorite Connor Barwin was a guest on Jimmy Traina’s podcast over at FoxSports.com today and shared a couple of the secrets the Eagles used during the Snow Bowl against the Lions in frigid Philadelphia last week. Some of the tricks to stay warm were pretty typical, like a long-john type pant underneath their actual uniforms. But then a couple of tricks were extra interesting.
[See all of our Snow Bowl coverage here]
Barwin said that the players really didn’t get too cold with the occasional trip to the heaters on the sidelines. The toughest parts of the body to keep warm are the hands and the feet, obviously. Some of the Eagles played with medical latex gloves underneath their regular football gloves to keep the body heat in, according to Barwin. He also mentioned he didn’t believe anybody played with foot-warmers in their cleats.
Vaseline on the skin was also a popular trick.
Sadly, Barwin says the only sports blog he follows is Buzzer on Fox. So clearly the NFL’s “Modern Man” is far from perfect in his online reading habits.
Other topics discussed: Chip Kelly, a cold-weather Super Bowl, Connor’s favorite albums of 2013 (Daft Punk, Tame Impala), bike riding on the Schuylkill, Jason Peters on Instagram, NFL hazing, dislike of Thursday night games, etc.
Audio of Barwin’s appearance on Traina’s podcast below:
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money