Oct 11, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
We’re not ones to miss out on an opportunity to needle Cowboys fans on this site, but this time it wasn’t us — it was one of their own (and now we’re going to pile on).
Okay, so Troy Aikman didn’t exactly call Cowboys fans bandwagoners. He was talking about Dallas fans, the people who actually have a geographical reason to root for the Cowboys, not the actual bandwagon fans that you and I all know. Well… I guess it’s really one in the same.
Anyway, right before he basically called Dallas fans a bunch of bandwagoners, Aikman was remarking how much more difficult a place to play Philadelphia or New York were compared to what a road team would go through at Cowboys Stadium. His explanation for why wasn’t the building’s acoustics, by the way — It’s a people problem.
Any theories as to why, Troy?
“I think for a large part – and the fans don’t want to hear this – a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they’re there because it’s kind of just a place to be seen. I didn’t know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody’s wearing Rangers hats and saying, ‘Oh yeah, I’m a big Rangers fan.’ I’ve always said Dallas isn’t so much a sports town as it is a winner’s town.”
So to summarize: Cowboys fans in the Delaware Valley, you were always bandwagoners, but I guess it’s okay now because apparently a lot of the folks who frequently attend games in Dallas are bandwagoners, too. You have more in common with them than we ever knew.
|Yea your a smacked a… on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return