Oct 14, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
The Eagles are riding a wave of momentum into their battle for NFC East supremacy against Dallas in Week 7. Now they might be catching a couple of breaks, too.
The Cowboys did not escape their 31-16 win over Washington on Sunday night unscathed. Injuries reared their ugly head for a pair of key starters on both sides of the football, and early reports are both players are “unlikely to play” in the big rivalry game.
Per Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, running back DeMarco Murray suffered a sprained knee and the club is currently eyeing a return in two weeks. Defensive end DeMarcus Ware was also lost with a strained quadriceps muscle, and ESPN’s Adam Schefter is saying Ware is expected to miss three-to-four weeks.
Both losses would be significant to say the least.
Murray is ranked eighth among all NFL backs with 428 rushing yards. His backup, Lance Dunbar, missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, leaving fifth-round rookie Joseph Randle to carry the load against Washington. Randle rushed 11 times for 17 yards and a touchdown in the victory.
Ware is the bigger deal though. A surefire first-ballot Hall of Famer, the nine-year veteran was on his way to another solid season with four sacks and an interception. Assuming he can’t go, it will be the first game Ware has missed in his entire NFL career.
The Cowboys may be able to get by at running back, but you can’t replace a DeMarcus Ware. It’s a huge loss for a defense that’s already playing a bunch of no-names on their defensive front.
You never root for injuries obviously, but there’s no denying both of these could be very advantageous for the Birds.
>> Ware and Murray both likely to miss Eagles game [Star-Telegram]
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return