Jun 12, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Today’s Eagles non-controversy: add DeSean Jackson to the list of players who believe it’s important for Chip Kelly to name a starting quarterback ahead of training camp. That puts the list at two and counting.
DeSean was grilled about the Birds’ QB competition during an interview on the NFL Network on Tuesday. When pressed about Mike Vick’s comments about wanting Chip to name a starter already, the wide receiver acknowledged that the team wants to know, too.
Oh, they need to know.
“I have been hearing some things about Vick saying that he wants to know. At the same time, the team wants to know too. We need to go into training camp prepared and know who is going to be our starting quarterback,” Jackson said. “Whether it is Foles or Vick, I think they would both do a great job and we will be ready for the season.”
When asked who has the lead though, Jackson admitted Vick and Nick Foles have been “kind of even” so far at spring camps and OTAs. So while nobody has set themself apart yet, the team just needs to know who it’s going to be.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money