Jul 9, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
4 a.m., you’re drunk, and you’re locked out of the hotel you’re staying
at: what do you do? Whatever you decide, don’t pull the fire alarm –
it’s a felony.
That’s the plan Dion Lewis and his brother allegedly hatched
over the weekend, leading to the Eagles’ running back’s arrest on
charges of falsely reporting a fire. But hey, at least they had lodging
for the night. In a jail cell.
First reported by the Times-Union
(via PFT) in Albany, NY, where the two men were staying, the charges are
fairly serious. Deploying emergency services is expensive, and
potentially dangerous if they are diverted from a real situation. Waking/scaring
an entire building full of people could also qualify as disturbing the
peace, though it’s not one of the charges.
Still, it sounds like
the intent here was not malicious. Apparently Lewis did not have his guest key to let
himself inside the hotel, which locks after midnight, so he could not
access his quarters, creating in itself a set of unsafe circumstances.
There had to be a better way to handle things, but he’s certainly not
the first person to make a terrible decision while intoxicated.
report says there is an additional misdemeanor reckless endangerment charge. My guess is if he has an otherwise clean record, and is proactive
about putting the incident behind him, Lewis might be able to plea
down from the felony charges.
His brother, on the other hand, is currently being held without bail because he has prior felony convictions.
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return