Jan 19, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
To my immediate left, Terrell Owens is running a post route as Donovan McNabb sets to deliver a strike down the middle of the field to his streaking wideout. I should clarify that first statement by adding the words “their carefully placed bobblehead likenesses.”
This absolutely priceless statuette of 5 and 81 smiling and working together has sat beside my computer since at least 2005. And contrary to those who still want to know exactly what happened on that last drive in the Super Bowl, each day I look at it, I feel no longing whatsoever for “what could have been.” Instead, I rejoice in what was. For the love of all things outlandish, we witnessed Terrell Owens doing situps in his driveway!
Honestly, I am of the legitimate impression that I could play through this he said/he said soap opera with T.O. and Five for the rest of my life. So, imagine unbridled joy when this story broke across the wires late last night…
In a recent interview with GQ magazine (where athletes now go to say things that are sure to stir up trouble — Will Leitch/Mike Vick), Terrell Owens is painting the picture that former all-pro linebacker and team captain Jeremiah Trotter was really on his side of the T.O. vs. Donovan fiasco to which we all bore witness during the ’05 season.
Our favorite part of the story, the one you won’t hear from Owens, but will hear from Les Bowen, is that, according to Bowen — who saw the full written apology in Owens’ locker after the aforementioned press conference — Trotter never ripped anything from the apology, as the paper it was printed on was not damaged in any way.
Seeking to immediately distance himself from T.O.’s version of events beyond the denial already printed in the article, Trotter tweeted last night:
That said, he then twice reiterated his love for Owens shortly thereafter:
I can just see Jeffrey Lurie (as played by actor Jeffrey Jones) sitting in his office in 2005 and saying to Joe Banner, “I don’t trust this Terrell Owens character one bit. And now he’s got Donovan McNabb involved!”
…The linebacker, too.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return