Jan 29, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Yesterday we mentioned a $3 million guarantee that takes
effect on Michael Vick’s contract three days after the Super Bowl, which could
spur the Eagles to action. According to the Inquirer’s Jeff McLane however,
they may not owe him that money after all.
McLane revealed there is actually some language in Vick’s
contract that states the Eagles will only owe Vick that money if either a) he
doesn’t sign with another team, or b) is signed to a contract for less than $3
million. Both scenarios are unlikely.
Basically that means the Eagles have more time to reach a
decision on Vick’s future. Ultimately it may not matter much in terms of having
him return, but it does give them longer to renegotiate if Vick were to relent.
It also increases the odds they look for a trade partner, given they can’t even
move him until the new league year starts on March 11.
Of course, there’s also a chance the Eagles don’t wait at
all. They may not be interested in having Vick back at any price, and a trade
would be almost impossible without a renegotiated figure as part of the deal.
Vick is due to earn $15.5 mil in 2013.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return