Mar 13, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
The Eagles got things rolling today before free agency kicks off later this afternoon by locking up Todd Herremans to a 3-year extension that keeps him in Philadelphia through 2016.
Andy Reid issued a statement on the versatile Herremans, “Todd’s intelligence, toughness, durability, and leadership are second to none. Very few players in the NFL can play at an extremely high level at both the (G) and (T) positions and Todd has done that for us.”
As Roob noted on Twitter, a smart move by the Birds. You’ll be seeing him courtside at plenty of Sixers games for years to come.
Eagles have agreed to three-year contract extension with Todd Herremans. Goes through 2016. Great move!
— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) March 13, 2012
Todd Herremans did really well after being moved to RT. This extension should cool any thought of Birds pursuing Eric Winston in free agency
— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) March 13, 2012
The Herremans extension is just the first sign that the Eagles are taking care of some of their in-house issues first.
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) March 13, 2012
And here’s the man putting his name on the dotted line.
Here it is philly, 5 more years of ME!lockerz.com/s/192147212
— The Toddfather (@toddherremans) March 13, 2012
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money