May 31, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
The former Houston Texan ran a unique contest on Twitter to giveaway a couple of pairs of tickets to a concert down in the Lone Star State.
Knowing that fans often have little-to-no use for player-specific team gear once said player hits the road to play in a new city, Barwin asked his followers to come up with the best use of his old No. 98 Texans jersey. The creativity and resourcefulness of some of his followers like the winning reusable grocery bag were quite impressive.
— Connor Barwin (@ConnorBarwin98) May 30, 2013
There were also a few bizarre contest entries as well. You can go search his timeline for those.
[via Hot Clicks]
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money