Nov 25, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Prior to this weekend’s action, it was commonly believed that the Birds would have to win the NFC East in order to earn a spot in the playoffs. After an exciting weekend of football around the NFL, however, it’s actually possible they could sneak in with a wildcard spot.
Phil Sheridan blogging for ESPN explains that the point could likely prove moot given that to edge out Arizona or San Fran to win the would-be wildcard spot, they’d likely have to beat the Cowboys anyway which would assumedly help them win the division as well.
But if the Birds do beat Arizona on Sunday, they can put themselves in a better position to have a chance at the wildcard spot when all is said and done. Sheridan does a nice job explaining it all, if you’re interested in the specifics of how it would all have to play out.
According to the Philadelphia Eagles’ official Instagram account, Chip Kelly’s boys will rock their alternate black uniforms for the contest against the Cardinals this coming Sunday.
|Simmonds17 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
|Enrico Campitelli Jr… on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|lew on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|mike on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return