Nov 25, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Prior to this weekend’s action, it was commonly believed that the Birds would have to win the NFC East in order to earn a spot in the playoffs. After an exciting weekend of football around the NFL, however, it’s actually possible they could sneak in with a wildcard spot.
Phil Sheridan blogging for ESPN explains that the point could likely prove moot given that to edge out Arizona or San Fran to win the would-be wildcard spot, they’d likely have to beat the Cowboys anyway which would assumedly help them win the division as well.
But if the Birds do beat Arizona on Sunday, they can put themselves in a better position to have a chance at the wildcard spot when all is said and done. Sheridan does a nice job explaining it all, if you’re interested in the specifics of how it would all have to play out.
According to the Philadelphia Eagles’ official Instagram account, Chip Kelly’s boys will rock their alternate black uniforms for the contest against the Cardinals this coming Sunday.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money