Oct 21, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
The New York Giants sit alone atop the NFC East at 5-2 after a wild late victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday afternoon. Just when it looked like RGIII pulled off some magic to help the Skins come up with a win, Eli Manning found his favorite target Victor Cruz for a 77-yard touchdown.
Oh, and Jason Pierre-Paul provided the best GIF of the day.
Here’s how the AP described the madness:
Manning’s pass to Cruz came two plays and 19 seconds after Griffin
capped what was a potential game-winning, 77-yard drive with a 30-yard
touchdown pass to Santana Moss. The rookie had kept the drive alive with
a 19-yard pass off a desperate scramble on a fourth-and-10 play deep in
his own territory and a 24-yard run on the next play.
Eli’s quick strike to Cruz allowed RGIII and the Skins to get one last crack, but a fumble ended any hope of staying out of the NFC East cellar for Washington.
The Eagles actually sit in a tie for second after the Cowboys defeated the Panthers. Here is what the East looks like after today’s games:
JPP Gangnam Style GIF from Mock Sessions:
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money