Dec 16, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Tony Romo and the Cowboys put together a spectacular display of fourth quarter ineptitude on Sunday afternoon. For whatever unknown reason, the Cowboys opted to throw the ball over and over instead of hand it off to help the clock tickaway as they had a pretty damn comfortable lead.
Romo gave us all an early Christmas present by tossing two fourth quarter interceptions that allowed the Green Bay Packers to come back and win a wild game they probably had no business still being in.
The Cowboys loss kept the Eagles atop the NFC East standings.
But more importantly it opened up the floodgates of Tony Romo criticism / jokes.
Even other professional sports teams were getting in on the action like the Atlanta Hawks who tweeted the following from their official Twitter page:
If Tony Romo needs advice in late-game situations, we know a guy he can call… pic.twitter.com/VrfP2NovAm
— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) December 16, 2013
If you’re not familiar, Al Horford hit a buzzer beater in overtime to help beat the Washington Wizards over the weekend. Pretty clutch shot. Not sure of his quaterbacking skils though.
Tony Romo in the fourth quarter has quickly become a favorite holiday tradition in Philadelphia and beyond.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money